Composer and Violinist Sue Aston graduated from Birmingham Conservatoire and freelanced as a professional violinist with symphony and chamber orchestras, as well as doing sessions for rock and folk bands, both as an orchestral member and as a soloist.
It was also during this time that she appeared on classical recordings, radio and television, both nationally and internationally, and worked with eminent musicians such as Simon Rattle, Nigel Kennedy, Peter Donohoe, Yehudi Menuhin, Sir Charles Groves and Esa Pekka Salonen from the classical music world, and Gordon Giltrap, Chris de Burgh, Martin Carthy and Dave Swarbrick from the realms of pop and folk.
Sue started composing on both the violin and piano from an early age, often improvising over the classical and gypsy music that she loved playing, and interpreting the music to make it her own style. This created a passion to create her own music, and she went on to record four albums and a DVD. Her music videos have been featured on Sky, Classic FMTV and BBC 1 and her music has been played on BBC Radio 2, 3 and 4.
Why Choose Sue For Your Media Project?
- My background as a classical musician means that I have a sound knowledge of music theory.
- As a violinist and pianist, my music can feature strong melodic themes against an atmospheric harmonic backdrop.
- I have my own home studio from which I can work quickly and efficiently.
- If required, I have a network of professional musicians I can call upon to provide extra instrumentation and vocal parts.
- I am an experienced music arranger, specialising in creating diverse arrangements of varied musical styles for string ensembles.
- If required, I am able to conduct an ensemble