I get asked this question a lot.
The answer is you should upload your video to wherever you have an audience.
- The second largest search engine next to Google and owned by them.
- This should be your first port of call for uploading your video.
- You can also promote your videos more cheaply than Google Adwords
- Easy to share and embed
- Set up cards for links to your offers, website or funding websites
- You can also broadcast live from YouTube
- You should always upload your video directly to Facebook as well as YouTube
- Videos play automatically in Facebook newsfeeds
- You can add a link or call to action to your website
- Very easy for people to share and comment
- You can upload up to 140 seconds of video footage
- Video plays within the newsfeed
- You can upload up to 60 seconds of video footage
- The benefits are no Ads and you can control what video comes up next. However, you are missing out on the discoverability of the other platforms
Editing and Branding
A while back all you needed to do was publish your video on YouTube. What I am suggesting is a bit more work and involves different edits and ensuring you add your branding at each stage. However, this approach will ensure you respect each audience and optimise your video for each platform.
You can also tailor the message for each audience. Remember that you can re-position your video for other campaigns.
We offer video editing and support via our Digital Marketing and SEO packages – please get in touch if you need any help.
Genius Loci Media