What’s a good rule of thumb if there is one?
This is a subjective subject, but these are my thoughts
- Remember you are writing for your readers not a search engine.
- If you can get your message across with a couple of lines and an image, it’s still a blog post.
- In some market sectors 70% of your website visitors are using smart phones, so shorter posts broken up with bullet points will be shared more and gain more traction.
- Wild card – use video. A two minute video will equal a side of A4 but will be easier to digest and share.
- If you are writing a blog post and it keeps getting longer you will find that you have covered several points that could actually be shorter separate posts.